Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 1 - 5

So, I decided to do the 365 Challenge -- no big deal, but I told myself that I wasn't going to have a blog for it. And here it is day 5, and I have changed my mind! LOL! It is a woman's prerogative to do that!

Day 1 - My newest obsession --- cream cheese with raspberry chipotle sauce - yummy! This is the end of the bottle which is probably a good thing, but it is also a bad thing! Good because this is going to be a new year for me with my eating choices and this stuff can be lethal to my diet. Bad because I LOVE it so much!



Day 2 - Super Monkey Ball has become one of the crazes of our house; almost a day doesn't go by without one of us, or even all four of us playing. I am glad that Bryce wanted this for Christmas; we have all enjoyed playing!



Day 3 - I needed a little hope today, and there was it was. A lot of things have been on my mind because of the economy, Scott's job, lack of sales, Jim's health, my choices of going to school, should I continue or stop, and the list goes on. But today, for a few brief minutes I remember to have hope.



Day 4 - Cookies - not a good way to get started on my new me, but I baked Chocolate Crackles today (Missi's recipe!). I got my feelings hurt and baked to avoid the tears. I had planned to make these for Christmas but never got around to it, so they became New Years' cookies.




Day 5 - Definitely a purchase that we didn't have to have today, but a purchase that will enable all four of us to play on the PS2 together. Four people - four controllers: I can see many days ahead spent in laughter and maybe even a little in anger (depends on who wins), but the main thing is that they can help us spend some time together as a family.

3 comments:

  1. WooHoo....WTG, Penny! I especially LOVE that one of the rainbow. Love God's promises!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny, so glad you came over and led me to YOUR challenge!! I enjoyed reading this very much--and must say the cream cheese thing pretty much rocks. You know, I just this week learned to do a little DDR with my kids. I stink at it, but I get a workout. We couldn't afford a Wii, so it's my solution for now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say that I'm loving the pictures that you're taking, and I wanted to come cheer you on a bit too! Go Penny! So glad you and Amy are doing this with me!

    ReplyDelete